Saturday, September 10, 2016

Random Review . . . Get Lucky by Lila Monroe



What happens when you wake up in a hotel suite next to a gorgeous naked man with absolutely no memory of the past twelve hours? 

I guess it's true what they say. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. 


Or at least I hope it stays here. The Romantic Style convention was meant to be a weekend of raucous fun with friends, sun, and enough poolside margaritas to forget about my ex. But now, instead of meeting my fans and signing books, I'm stuck with cocky divorce lawyer Nate Wexler. He's arrogant, infuriating, and I can't keep my hands off of him. Judging by the state of our hotel room, last night was wild. I just wish I could remember it. 


A pair of matching tattoos. A cheap wedding veil. A half empty box of glow in the dark condoms. 


What the hell just happened?

**5 - stars**

A divorce lawyer and a romance writer . . . what could possibly go wrong???

Get Lucky is the ultimate Vegas story, told from the point of view of the main characters, Nate Wexler and  Julia Stevens. They also flashback to the day prior - which is a must since the story is written for the reader to experience their memories returning just as the characters do. I think that gave more credibility to the novel because you really got to experience being a part of the story. 

Nate and Julia meet by bumping into each other (literally). She's in town for a romance writer convention (she's a writer of the genre) and he's there for his best friend's wedding. With lingering bitterness from their own personal lives, they bump heads - until Tequila shots become involved and from there ensues a night of wholehearted drunken debauchery! 

This book was ridiculously hilarious! From the Russian mobsters (one of my most favorite scenes) to the spotted parrot, it was undeniable enjoyment. I especially loved that Julia had two versions of The Doctor actively on a mental feedback loop. She was quirky, and fun, and just downright lovable. Nate, on the other hand, was pessimistic, hateful, and at times extremely mean. As the story developed, so did the characters and by the end there was no way I couldn't root for a "happily ever after."

I wracked my brain trying to figure out things that I didn't like about the novel and I'm pleased to say, there were none! I would definitely recommend this novel to anyone and I look forward to reading more from this author.


Purchase Get Lucky and Stalk Lila:






No comments:

Post a Comment