Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Random Lit. . . Fractured Light by Rachel McClellan

 
Synopsis:
 
Llona Reese is used to living on the run. After the Vykens killed her parents, she knew they would eventually come for her too. But she never felt ready to face them---until now. Defying the Auran Council and everything she's been taught, Llona must learn to use her power over light as a weapon if she wants to survive.

Review

*5 Stars*
 
I must admit, I cheated myself out of a boatload of entertainment by not reading this book as soon as I got it. I had it for roughly three weeks before I even cracked it open, but boy once I did...OH-EM-GEE!!! This book was absolutely enthralling. The characters were well developed and the story line flowed extremely well.
 
I loved the fact that this wasn't one of those stories where the heroine was helpless and weak while ascending into her powers. Llona was a kick-ass force to be reckined with from the time that she felt an immediate threat from enemies. I wanted so much more for her and Christian, but I thought their tale was told as it should have been. Nothing between them was rushed and they got to know each instead of diving head first.

The only thing I didn't like was how secretive Christian was in the beginning. I understand that secrets make for mystery which makes for great books (as this one is), but I felt that he would have been better off if he had told her up front what was going on, what was expected of her, and what she was truly up against. Also, the synopsis could have been a little more informative.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this book to others. It was a beautiful twist on para-romance that is most enjoyable. Well done Rachel McClellan!
 
Lashanta Charles (The Kindle Book Review)


Author Info

Kindle Purchase Link
 

No comments:

Post a Comment