Friday, October 20, 2017

Random Release & Review . . . Shades of Her by Ozlo & Priya Grey

Title: Shades of Her
Author: Ozlo & Priya Grey
Genre: Contemporary/Erotic Romance
Release Date: October 18, 2017 Cover Design: Okay Creations
Will He Ever Love Me, When All He Sees Is Her?
Jackson
I had everything a man could want. Money. Status. And above all: Love. But when my wife is taken from me, my life begins to fall apart. But now she’s back. Back from the dead. I can relive our most passionate and tender moments together. I’m losing myself in her once again. But then I discover the truth about my wife. And everything I remember turns out to be a lie. 
Rebecca
All I have to do is dye my hair, wear someone else’s cloths and follow a script. What harm can come from stepping into someone else’s shoes in exchange for a hundred grand? Did I mention the deal includes sex with the hottest, most acclaimed painter of our time? It’s a no brainer, right? Especially since I’m in desperate need of cash, so I can help my parents get back on their feet after losing everything in the hurricane. I fully commit to the part he’s hired me to play. I never expect to uncover her secrets. And I never imagined I’d fall in love.


My Review:
3 stars

*I received and ARC and reviewed voluntarily.**

This is one of those books that are really hard to write a review for. Some scenes were amazing and then others were very hard to read in the fact that they just didn't appeal to the side of me that liked to be entertained as a reader.

I found it sort of sweet, albeit unhealthy, that Jackson loved his wife so much. His love for her was truly unconditional, even in death and he went to drastic measures to preserve that. Rebecca was a lovely woman who wanted to help herself financially as well as helping someone overcome the pain of loss, even though she didn't wholeheartedly agree with the methods.

I think the worst part of the book for me was the sex scenes. They were supposed to be erotic and made for adults, yet there were lines like 'I pushed my manhood into her...' that left me cringing - not sexy at all. I also couldn't get past role playing a dead person, total turn off.

The best part of the book for me was the ending. The secrets and the epiphanies were very entertaining.

This was my first read by this duo and although it wasn't mind-blowing to me, I liked it enough that I would read more from them.


Ozlo and Priya Grey are a husband and wife writing team. Their time is consumed with writing, re-writing, editing, and tinkering with Photoshop and WordPress.


When they step away from their desks, they enjoy long walks on the beaches of Southern California.

HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment