Thursday, August 22, 2019

Random Release & Review . . . Bullied In His Arms by KL Donn



Title: Bullied, In His Arms
Author: K.L. Donn

AMAZON
US | UK | CA | AU


Series: In His Arms; Book 2
Genre: Contemporary Romance



Obsessive and determined.

Law Brentwood is more  than a high school kid. He's more than he appears. Determined and on track to achieve his goals, he's brought to a stop the day he meets Nell Tucker. When every primal instinct in his DNA surfaces and suddenly his world shifts and now he has new goals to attain.

Solitary and private.

Nell Tucker was used to the rude names, the back handed insults and sometimes -- violence. After the loss of her mother, Nell's dad moved them to the city where things were different. The pace was quicker and fitting in wasn't so easy.

Until she met the new bad boy in school. The one with an intense stare that made her heart rate quicken.

Law makes promises no high school boy should, yet, she can't help but believe him. Until she catches him in a lie. They begin to pile on faster than he can back track and soon secrets are revealed that neither had counted on. 

Law is determined not to hurt Nell, so he does all he can to gain her forgiveness, but at what cost to her already fragile heart?


My Review

**3 stars**

This book was short and sweet. I finished it in less than an hour. I liked that Law was so protective and that he wanted to be with Nell regardless of the plans he'd already set in his life. I liked Nell's loyalty. She was fiercely protective of her dad, even to the detriment of herself. 

While I enjoyed the book, it didn't quite deliver the emotion I'm used to getting from insta-love stories. With Nell's mother, I know there was anger and resentment, but only because I was told. I didn't actually feel it. I was also confused as to why Nell suffered so much. The principal cared enough to call Law in, but when it came to Nell's bullying it seemed like something everyone knew about, but ignored and that concept didn't go with the reason Law was there.

Overall, I liked the book and would probably read more from this author.

**I received and ARC and reviewed voluntarily.**






Grab book 1; Safe, In His Arms in KU!

AMAZON
US | UK | CA | AU




1 comment:

  1. Apparently, you have yet to have a
    NDEr experience which is fabYOUlous.
    I dont suggest it. Yet here's what
    happened:
    ♡ en.gravatar.com/MatteBlk ♡
    -GBY

    ReplyDelete