Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Random Release & Review . . . Overture by Skye Warren

Overture

Skye Warren



The world knows Samantha Brooks as the violin prodigy. She guards her secret truth—the desire she harbors for her guardian.

Liam North got custody of her six years ago. She’s all grown up now, but he still treats her like a child. No matter how much he wants her.

No matter how bad he aches for one taste.

Her sweet overtures break down the ex-soldier’s defenses, but there’s more at stake than her body. Every touch, every kiss, every night. The closer she gets, the more exposed his darkest secret.

She’s one step away from finding out what happened the night she lost her family. One step away from leaving him forever.

My Review 
**5-stars**

This is my first novel by this author, but imagine my surprise when I looked through my TBR list and saw that I actually owned her entire Pawn series (I'm such an idiot!).

Regardless, Overture - OMG!!! This book was astounding! The depth of emotions and the development of the characters, the flow of the plot and the overall angst . . . Skye Warren is a literary genius.

I enjoyed getting to know the characters, Liam's in particular. Such strength and courage encased around such vulnerability. I was thankful for the alternating POVs, but whenever I got Liam's inner workings I wanted to hug, kiss, and throat punch him at the same time. He was such a complex character. I felt like Samantha was a great fit for him. I was especially thankful that this didn't turn into a daddy Dom scenario. As written, the scenes seemed more genuine and relatable. Samantha was sweetness and strength and the perfect balance to Liam. I enjoyed the fact that even though everyone considered her a child Samantha knew what she wanted and was willing to fight for it. I also loved that she wasn't;t just a simpering idiot solely focused on love. She wanted it, but knew she had options and even though it broke her heart, she still made sure to think for herself.

The secondary characters were amazing as well. I really hope Elijah and Josh will have their own books, especially Josh! I also wouldn't mind a little more on Laney's mom.

Overall, this was an exceptional read and I look forward to more. I would definitely recommend it to others.

**I received an ARC and voluntarily reviewed.**

Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/2Qtt15z
Google Play: http://bit.ly/2QAJ9Co



Stalk Skye Warren:

No comments:

Post a Comment